More for Less
This Is What You Get!
What do Realtors Do To Get Your Home Sold?
“Chris Havemann’s” Amazing
201 Step System to Get Your Home
Sold Fast and For Top Dollar”
1. Research tax records to verify full and complete legal information is available to prospective buyers and buyer’s agents on MLS printout.
2. Research property’s ownership and deed type
3. Research property’s public record information for lot size & dimensions
4. Research and verify legal description
5. Research property’s land use coding and deed restrictions
6. Research property’s current use and zoning
7. Verify legal name(s) of owner(s) in county’s public property records
8. Research sales activity for past 6-18 months from MLS and public records databases
9. Research “Average Days on Market” for property of this type, price range, and location
10. Research competitive properties that are currently on the market.
11. Research competitive properties that have been withdrawn.
12. Research competitive properties that are currently under contract.
13. Research expired properties (properties that did not sell during their time on the market).
14. Research competitive properties that have sold in the past six months.
15. Call agents, if needed, to discuss activity on the comparable properties they have listed in the area.
16. Research the previous sales activity (if any) on your home.
17. Download and review property tax roll information
18. Prepare “Comparable Market Analysis” (CMA) to establish fair market value
19. Obtain and verify accurate methods of contacting you.
20. Gather information to help assess your needs.
21. Review current title information.
22. Measure interior room sizes.
23. Confirm lot size your copy of certified survey, if available.
24. Obtain copy of floor and pool plans, if available 25. Review current appraisal, if available.
26. Identify Home Owner Association manager, if applicable
27. Verify Home Owner Association fees, if applicable
28. Verify security system, current term of service and whether owned or leased.
29. Verify if you have a transferable Termite Bond.
30. Ascertain need for lead-based paint disclosure
31. Verify if property has rental units involved; if so, make copies of all leases, verify all rent and deposits, inform tenants of listing and discuss how showings will be handled.
32. Compile list of repairs and maintenance items.
33. Prepare showing instructions for buyers’ agents and agree on showing time window with you.
34. Assess your timing.
35. Assess your motivation.
36. Assess your immediate concerns.
37. Ask you questions about the property and yourselves to learn how to better serve and provide helpful information if needed.
38. Discuss your purchase plans and determine how Chris Havemann, and the Texas Five Star Properties team can assist you in your next purchase (local, new home construction, investment, or relocation) or if we can research and find a qualified agent to assist you in your new location.
39. Determine how quickly you need to move.
40. Obtain information that will help Chris Havemann to prepare the listing, advertising and marketing materials. Questions will include: What type of improvements have you done to your house in the past five years? What other features of your home make it attractive to buyers? (Type of cabinets, flooring, decks, pool, fireplaces, etc.) What do you think the home is worth? How much do you owe on the property?
41. Prepare you by asking you to gather home information: to have copy of deed, current tax bill, copy of a survey, copy of your title policy available (this could potential save you money if you purchased less than three years ago).
42. Obtain one set of keys which will be inserted in the lockbox.
43. Perform Interior Décor Assessment
44. Review results of Interior Décor Assessment and suggest changes to shorten time on market.
45. Perform exterior “Curb Appeal Assessment” of subject property.
46. Review results of Curb Appeal Assessment with seller and provide suggestions to improve salability.
47. Give you an overview of current market conditions and projections.
48. Provide Home Audit to discuss constructive changes to your home to make it more appealing, to show exceptionally well and help it to yield the greatest possible price to an interested buyer.
49. Provide you with home showing guidelines to help have the home prepared for appointments. (i.e. lighting, soft music, etc.)
50. Review and explain all clauses in Listing Agreement (and addendums, if applicable).
51. Enter your name, address, phone number, and email address in order to keep you informed of market changes, mortgage rate fluctuations, sales trends or anything that may affect the value and marketability of your property.
52. Compile and assemble formal file on property
53. Present Comparable Market Analysis (CMA) Results to you, including comparables, sold, current listings and expired listings.
54. Offer pricing strategy based on professional judgment and interpretation of current market conditions.
55. Assist you in strategically pricing home to enable it to show up on more MLS Searches.
56. Discuss goals with you to market effectively.
57. Discuss and present strategic master marketing plan.
58. Explore method of pricing your property below comparable value to bring the most buyers to your property quickly.
59. Present and discuss the Texas Five Star Properties Program to market your home the most effectively and bring the most buyers to you in the shortest amount of time
60. Explore the option of marketing your home with an incentive of buying down points on the buyers’ loan; potential results are: you retain a higher agreed upon price (which results in more proceeds to you) and the buyer saves on monthly payments and a tax credit.
61. Prepare an equity analysis to show you expenses, closing costs and net proceeds.
62. Explain the use of the Seller’s Property Disclosure Statement you will complete, and that will be presented to the buyer of your home. This will help you avoid devastating setbacks and preserve your legal rights.
63. Take full color digital photographs of the inside and outside of your home for marketing flyers, advertisements and the Internet.
64. Set up home Warranty, if you choose, to protect your home during listing period and for 12 months after the sale to reassure buyer of the quality of your home.
65. Install hi-tech lockbox to allow buyers and their agents to view your home conveniently but does not compromise your family’s security.
66. Write remarks within the MLS system specifying how you want the property to be shown.
67. Prepare showing instructions for buyers’ agents and agree on showing time window with you.
68. Prepare detailed list of property amenities to have readily available at your home, to include in Marketing Booklet, and assess market impact
69. Prepare MLS property Profile Sheet
70. Proofread MLS database listing for accuracy – including proper placement in mapping function
71. Enter property data from Profile Sheet into MLS Listing Database
72. Electronically submit your home listing information to The Multiple Listing Service for exposure to all active real estate agents in the area.
73. Immediately submit digital photos of the interior and exterior of your home to the MLS at the same time listing is input allowing buyers and agents to view pictures when narrowing down homes they will actually tour.
74. Add property to Texas Five Star Properties Active Listings list; provide information in two locations in office for Realtors® when potential buyers call for details.
75. Provide you with signed copies of Listing Agreement and MLS Profile Data Sheet
76. Explain marketing benefits of Home Owner Warranty with you.
77. Assist you with completion of Home Owner Warranty application.
78. Submit Home Warranty application for conveyance at time of sale.
79. Provide you with a Personal Customized Services sheet to explain specific marketing available for your property.
80. Provide you with a personalized Advertising Questionnaire for your input in verbiage for advertisement
81. Review Texas Five Star Properties Full Service Marketing System and the benefits provided, resulting in the rapid sale of your property.
82. Offer Realtor® tour, if applicable, to provide you with professional feedback and additional ways to best promote your home
83. Offer a Broker’s Open, if applicable, to promote your property to local Realtors® and their customers, to maximize showings
84. Create advertisements with your input, including information from Personalized Advertising Questionnaire
85. Prepare mailing and contact lists
86. Create, order, and mail Just Listed Postcards to promote the value of your home over others on the market.
87. Create, print, assemble, and mail compelling flyers to hand deliver and/or mail to target customers, to stimulate calls on your home.
88. Advise Network Referral Program of listing
89. Provide marketing data to buyers coming from referral network
90. Create a marketing property brochure of features and lifestyle benefits of your home for use by buyer agents showing your home. This will be prominently displayed in your kitchen or dining room.
91. Prepare copies of Seller’s Disclosures and Home Owner’s Disclosures to be placed in your home to be available for buyers; these are to be included in a contract.
92. Create a custom “Home Marketing Book” to be placed in your home for buyers & buyer’s agents to reference home features, area map, plat/lot map, floor plan (if available), tax information, and other possible buyer benefits. Provide 5 for your property, and replace as needed. This makes your home stand apart in the buyers’ minds long after they have left your property.
93. Deliver “Home Marketing Book” to your property and display in prominent location for buyers’ easy access.
94. Respond within 15 minutes of immediate page over the internet through our exclusive Lead Router program, which is a highly effective way to communicate with buyers who are interested in your property. Over 89% of all inquiries come from the Internet.
95. Convey all price changes promptly to Internet real estate sites
96. Capture feedback from Realtors® after all showings
97. Place regular weekly update calls or emails to you to discuss all showings, marketing, and pricing.
98. Research weekly current laws, interest rates, and insurance conditions as it relates to the housing industry, and specifically how it impacts the sale of your property. Notify you of any conditions promptly.
99. Notify you immediately of any offers, potential offers, or needs.
100. Discuss feedback from showing agents with you to determine if changes will accelerate the sale.
101. Search the MLS System for Realtors most likely working with interested and capable buyers matching your home, then fax or email copies of your home listing information for them to review immediately.
102. Maximize showing potential through professional signage. Texas Five Star Properties has the most recognizable logo and trademark in real estate.
103. Install Texas Five Star Properties sign in front yard when allowed by Home Owners Association.
104. Market your home on the following internet sites: Realtor.com, Zillow, xxx, xxx, xxx (all that apply to your specific property).
105. Chris Havemann is the exclusive Realtor® for aboutyourhouse.com for all of Houston. This produces additional potential customers for you.
106. Submit a crisp, clean digital montage of photos complete with personally written remarks detailing your home and upload on all websites.
107. If Open House is to be held, arrange for print ad to be placed in MLS the Monday before Open House to maximize number of customers.
108. Target market to determine who the most likely buyer willing to pay the highest price will be.
109. Discuss marketing ideas with “Mastermind” group of top Realtors from across country.
110. Deliver copies of advertisements and marketing material of your home to you for your review.
111. Make info box or tube available under “For Sale” sign making feature sheets available to those passing by.
112. Use other marketing techniques; such as offering free reports to multiply chances of buyers calling in, discussing, pre-qualifying for and touring your home.
113. Help you to prepare the Homeowner’s Information Sheet which includes information on utilities and services the buyer will need to know when transferring after closing.
114. Prepare a financing sheet with several financing plans to educate buyers on methods to purchase your home.
115. Advertise home to my VIP Buyers as well as all qualified buyers in my database.
116. Distribute flyer to all agents in my Texas Five Star Properties office. Promote your home by distributing flyers local lenders and potential buyers who are relocating to our area.
117. Promote the benefits of your property to all agents in my office, and update them on any changes so they may convey enticing information to their buyers.
118. Deliver copies of advertisements and marketing material of your home to you for your review.
119. Promote your home to top Realtors in other areas.
120. Log in all home showings to keep record of marketing activity and potential purchasers.
121. Follow up with all the agents who have shown your home via fax or personal phone call to answer questions they may have.
122. Send a personalized letter or postcard to residents in your immediate neighborhood promoting the features and lifestyle benefits of your home. Often neighbors know of friends or family members who are thinking of moving into the neighborhood.
123. Personally call your immediate neighborhood and surrounding neighborhood to promote the benefits of your home.
124. Prepare a weekly market analysis update of any activity in your neighborhood (i.e.: new homes on the market, homes that have sold etc) to keep you informed about key market conditions within your area.
125. Pre-qualify all buyers whom our agents will bring to your home before showings to avoid wasting your time with unqualified showings and buyers.
126. Discuss qualifications of prospective buyers to help determine buyer motivation, ability to purchase and probability of closing on the sale.
127. Provide Open Houses with a licensed Realtor® at your request.
128. Handle paperwork if price adjustment needed.
129. Take all calls to screen for qualified buyers and protect you from curiosity seekers.
130. Receive and review all Offers to Purchase contracts submitted by buyers or buyers’ Agents to determine best negotiation position.
131. Contact buyers’ agents to review buyer’s qualifications and discuss offer
132. Evaluate offer(s) and prepare a “net sheet” on each for you for comparison purposes, if requested
133. Counsel you on offers. Explain merits and weakness of each component of each offer
134. Fax or deliver Seller’s Disclosure form to buyer’s agent or buyer (upon request and prior to offer being made if possible)
135. Confirm buyer is pre-qualified by calling Loan Officer
136. Obtain pre-qualification letter on buyer from Loan Officer
137. Negotiate highest price and best terms for you and your situation.
138. Prepare and convey any counteroffers, acceptance or amendments to buyer’s agent
139. Fax or hand deliver copies of contract and all addendums to closing title company
140. When an Offer to Purchase Contract is accepted and signed by you, deliver signed offer to buyer’s agent
141. Record and promptly deposit buyer’s earnest money in escrow account.
142. Deliver copies of fully signed Offer to Purchase contract to you
143. Fax/deliver copies of Offer to Purchase contract to Selling Agent
144. Fax copies of Offer to Purchase contract to lender
145. Provide copies of signed Offer to Purchase contract for office file
146. Provide copies of signed Offer to Purchase contract to Title Agency
147. Advise you in handling any additional offers to purchase that may be submitted between contract and closing
148. Change status in MLS to “Sale Pending”
149. Review buyer’s credit report results—Advise seller of worst and best case scenarios
150. Assist buyer with obtaining financing, if applicable and follow-up as necessary
151. Coordinate with lender on Discount Points being locked in with dates
152. Deliver unrecorded property information to buyer
153. Order septic system inspection, if applicable
154. Receive and review septic system report and assess any possible impact on sale
155. Deliver copy of septic system inspection report lender & buyer
156. Coordinate termite inspection ordered
157. Coordinate mold inspection ordered, if required
158. Coordinate home inspection ordered and handle contingencies, if any
159. Confirm Verifications Of Deposit & Buyer’s Employment Have Been Returned
160. Follow Loan Processing Through To The Underwriter
161. Contact lender weekly to ensure processing is on track
162. Relay final approval of buyer’s loan application to you
163. Coordinate buyer’s professional home inspection with you
164. Review home inspector’s report
165. Assist seller with identifying and negotiating with trustworthy contractors to perform any required repairs
166. Schedule Appraisal
167. Provide comparable sales used in market pricing to Appraiser
168. Follow-Up On Appraisal
169. Assist seller in questioning appraisal report if it seems too low
170. Coordinate closing process with buyer’s agent and lender
171. Update closing forms & files
172. Ensure all parties have all forms and information needed to close the sale
173. Confirm closing date and time and notify all parties
174. Assist in solving any title problems (boundary disputes, easements, etc)
175. Work with buyer’s agent in scheduling and conducting buyer’s Final Walk-Thru prior to closing
176. Research all tax, HOA, utility and other applicable pro-rations
177. Request final closing figures from closing agent
178. Receive & carefully review closing figures on CLOSING statement to ensure accuracy of preparation
179. Review final figures on CLOSING statement with you before closing
180. Forward verified closing figures to buyer’s agent
181. Request copy of closing documents from closing agent
182. Confirm buyer and buyer’s agent have received title insurance commitment
183. Provide “Home Owners Warranty” for availability at closing
184. Review all closing documents carefully for errors
185. Forward closing documents to absentee seller as requested
186. Review documents with closing agent
187. Provide earnest money deposit check from escrow account to closing agent
188. Coordinate financing, final inspections, closing and possession activities on your behalf to help ensure a smooth closing.
189. Assist in scheduling the closing date for you and all parties.
190. Set up final walk- through of your home for buyers and their agent.
191. Coordinate closing with your next purchase and resolve any timing problems
192. Arrange possession and transfer of home (keys, warranties, garage door openers, community pool keys, mail box keys, educate new owners of garbage days/recycling, mail procedures etc.).
193. Have a “no surprises” closing and present seller a net proceeds check at closing
194. Change MLS listing status to Sold. Enter sale date and price, selling broker and agent’s ID numbers, etc.
195. Answer questions about filing claims with Home Owner Warranty Company if requested
196. Attempt to clarify and resolve any conflicts about repairs if buyer is not satisfied
197. Respond to any follow-on calls and provide any additional information required from office files.
198. Help you relocate locally, or out of area with highly experienced agents across the globe - you are sure to have the highest quality agent to help you on both sides of your move to make it worry and stress free.
199. Send letter with picture of your new home on it - delivered to 20 friends and family, providing your change of address.
200. Texas Five Star Properties, LLC. You benefit from the experience and contacts of the most professional, exceptional Realtors® available to anyone!
201. Chris Havemann is a devoted, full time REALTOR - not a part time real estate agent. Chris Havemann "won't disappear after the sign goes up". Designations include GRI, ABR & Broker/Owner. Your benefits include my expertise, and a wide range of market areas to promote your home.
Is there any question why Chris Havemann often sells homes for 99% of asking price with as little as 30 hours on the market? Compare this to the local agency averages and you can see why this “201 Step System” is so effective.
All Agents are NOT equal!
Assisting you in establishing
top market value of your property
and getting it “SOLD”
FREE AUTOMATED EMAIL UPDATES
Sign in to take advantage of all this site has to offer. Save your favorite listings and searches – also receive email updates when listings you like come on the market for free!
*Contact Information is NOT Shared*